Thursday, January 26

Time Is Up!

Did you know I got suspended last December due to habitual tardiness? hehehe... Pero ayos lang, ang saya nga eh they gave me six Saturdays off 'til Jan 28 coz they can't afford to lose me for one week =P. Is it my fault that Cavite is so far away from Pacita and that I leave on Mondays at 6am in the morning already because it's the first trip when riding the van which takes the shortest route from Pacita to Pala-pala? Is it my fault that I can't make sure that the water I save every night is still there whenever I wake up because there are 12 occupants in my apartment (some of them are on variable shifts) and what comes out of the faucet in the mornings is 90% air and 10% water by volume compared to 40% air and 60% water (with impurities) in the evenings? And now they're asking me to come to Cavite on Sundays when I only get to come home on Saturdays or leave at 5am during Mondays and take two jeepney rides for a longer route from Pacita to Pala-pala?! Oh c'mon they must have been kidding me... waking up at 5am and riding one smoke-belching jeepney from Pala-pala to Tejero is enough to intoxicate my lungs with carbon monoxide and ruin my aura on Monday mornings!

The truth is, kakatamad na talaga magwork dito kaya siguro lagi akong late. Kasi naman, four (4) times nang pinapalitan yung colored LCD namin since May last year and until now we still don't know which one we'll be using. So everytime they give us a new one we have to rework every code we made starting from the driver, up to every block of function needed for the display but make sure the old ones are still updated. Argh! And they couldn't even provide me with a decent computer and a full-version compiler! My Windows 2K SERVER computer with only 128MB RAM takes 5 minutes to boot (crag-crag-toot!) and the Metroworks Codewarrior compiler keeps on saying "code size limit exceeded!" Hey I've already commented out the communications part leaving only the menu and display functions! Puno na nga ng "#ifdef" at "#endif" yung .c and .h files namin eh.

I don't know how I've managed to stay here for a year with an uncomfortable lifestyle, belittling compensation (buti na lang at mababa rin ang cost of living dito) and unpalatable food (believe me daig ng canteen dito ang dorm food nung hayskul! and the trays... oh nevermind!). "Magtiis, magtiis... ganyan talaga sa simula" as my father always say everytime I start ranting at home at how low this company has treated me. Kakainis talaga, wala manlang training, walang recognition, o kahit manlang financial motivation! At least I can be proud that I have learned everything I know here all by myself. I keep telling myself I just need the experience, a year would be fine. And now that the time is up I'm resigning! Salamat na lang talaga at R&D ito at maganda ang resume ko =) Dami ko rin namang naaccomplish... Renegade, Diablo II, The Fifth Disciple, at sangkatutak na flash games! hehehe... Sayang nga lang at hindi kaya ng videocard ko ang Need4Speed Underground II at iba pang 3D games. hmp!

mood: excited

1 whispers in the wind:

Blogger mark whispered...

ifdef ifdef, shift-pagedown, BACKSPACE! tapos. :D

10/2/06 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home